The Summerdale Congregational Church, one of the oldest in the Edgewater/Uptown neighborhoods, stood at the corner of Farragut Avenue and Paulina Avenue from 1893 until early 2017. In the final days before its demolition, I was granted limited access to document what remained of the building’s interior.
Plan Your Life with 3CR Highlights
Receive Daily Notifications
- Chicago Author’s 2013 Book About U.S. Nazis Makes Him a 2017 Media Expert
- The Weeks and Southern Avenue Bring Southern Roots Rock to Lincoln Hall
- Goose Island Crafts an Experience with 2017 Bourbon County Limited Release
- Fresh Start to Your Week: 12/18 – 12/19
- Red Velvet at Chicago Shakes: In 1833 London, the Actor Is Guilty of Acting While Black
- Meet the 3CR Staff: Sarah Brooks, Music Editor
- What’s on Your Family Table During the Holiday Season?
- Winter Wonderland – 7 Great Chicago Holiday Adventures Outdoors
- Film Review: Beyond Skyline is Utterly Ridiculous—And Entirely Awesome
- Film Review: Call Me By Your Name Is one of the Best Films of 2017