- This event has passed.
Tuesdays on the Terrace @ Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
June 7, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFREE
Tuesdays on the Terrace @ Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, 220 E Chicago Ave., 5:30PM
WHAT: Enjoy an evening of free music on the MCA’s Anne and John Kern Terrace Garden
SO WHAT: This annual summer performance series, hosted by Al Carter-Bey from WDCB 90.9 FM highlights artists from Chicago’s internationally renowned jazz community. With two sets of live music every night, food and beverages available for purchase, and area for you to spread out a picnic, this is a perfect way to spend your Tuesday nights this summer. Check out the lineup below and at their event page!
- June 7 – Bobbi Wilsyn and Margaret Murphy-Webb
- June 14 – Emily Kuhn & Helios
- June 21 – Edwin Sanchez and Papo Santiago
- June 28 – Mike Reed’s people, Places, Things
- July 5 – The Jeremiah Review in a Tribute to Charles Mingus
- July 12 – Nicole Mitchell’s Black Earth SWAY
- July 19 – Edwin Daughtry in a Tribute to Captain Walter Dyett
- July 26 – Alexander/McLean Project
- August 2 – Yoko Noge
- August 9 – George Freeman with Mike Allemana
- August 16 – Marques Carroll Quintet
- August 23 – Black Diamond
- August 30 – Junius Paul
NOW WHAT: The concert series is free and open seating on the terrace is first come first serve. You can also bring a blanket to relax on the lawn. RSVP for pre-show information, inclement weather updates and to stay connected to the MCA community. they will also be accepting donations which helps support the work of the artists. Tuesdays on the Terrace is made possible in part by a generous gift from Luminarts Cultural Foundation.